- GERMANY’S SAL AND DUTCH FIRM JUMBO TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE
- GERMANY'S UNITED PRODUCT TANKERS APPOINTS NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR
- STENA INKS $180 MILLION LOAN AGREEMENT FOR E-FLEXER FERRIES
- OCEAN WINDS AND TERNA ENERGY TO WORK ON GREECE'S FLOATING OFFSHORE WIND FARM
- RUSSIA AND SYRIA WORK ON JOINT SHIPPING LINE
- MAERSK EINDHOVEN SAILS FROM APM TERMINALS YOKOHAMA
- MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION OF ISRAEL CLEARS MINERVA HELEN FROM OIL SPILL LINKS
- UAE’S TRANSWORLD GROUP TAKES 2011-BUILT HANDY BULKER FROM JAPAN
- INDIA PLANS TO SPEND $82 BILLION ON VARIOUS PORT PROJECTS
- IRANIAN BOXSHIP SHAHRAZ REFLOATED OFF BATAM
- WALLENIUS WILHELMSEN BEGINS REACTIVATING NINE OF ITS VESSELS
- SEASPAN CORPORATION ACQUIRES 15,000 TEU BOXSHIP PAIR
CWind launches world’s first hybrid-powered Surface Effect Ship (SES)According to the company, CWind, part of the Global Marine Group, has unveiled its CWind Poineer vessel, the world's first hybrid-powered Surface Effect Ship (SES).
Craig Perciavalle resigned as president of Austal USAIn the midst of inquiries into the shipbuilder's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) program for the US Navy, Craig Perciavalle resigned as president of Austal USA on Monday.
Turkish Coast Guard rescues 98 irregular migrants in Aegean SeaOn Monday, the Turkish Coast Guard Command announced that it had rescued a total of 98 irregular migrants from the Aegean Sea who had been pushed back into Turkish territorial waters by the Greek Coast Guard.
Australia becomes latest member of UK-led Global Ocean AllianceAustralia has become the newest member of the Global Ocean Alliance, a powerful 39-country initiative that calls for the establishment of at least 30% of the world's oceans as marine protected areas (MPAs) by 2030.
Semiramis Paliou becomes new CEO of Diana ShippingSemiramis Paliou has been named as the Chief Executive Officer of Diana Shipping, the Nasdaq-listed bulker owner, to replace her father, Simeon Palios, who retains his position as chairman.
Castor Maritime to buy 2010 Korean-built Kamsarmax dry bulk carrierCastor Maritime Inc., a diversified global shipping company, announces that it buys a 2010 Korean-built Kamsarmax dry bulk carrier.
Social upheaval in Myanmar disrupts liner operations at portsThe ongoing social upheaval in Myanmar has disrupted liner operations at the ports of the region, causing suspensions and delays in service.
IOM: Libya holds 340 irregular migrants on Mediterranean SeaThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) confirmed that 340 illegal migrants are being held by Libyan coast guard teams in the Mediterranean Sea.
CEO of Rome-based shipping group d’Amico Dry passed awayAccording to a statement from the Rome-based shipping company d'Amico, Luci Bonaso, CEO of d'Amico Dry, has died.
JAXPORT completes its 1st ship-to-ship LNG bunkering of foreign-flagged vesselJAX LNG and TOTE Services have recently completed their first liquefied natural gas (LNG) ship-to-ship bunkering at the Jacksonville Port Authority for a foreign-flagged vessel.
Explosion erupted onboard CSSC Shipping bulker near GibraltarOn Friday, an explosion occurred on board a Hong Kong-flagged capesized bulk carrier at Gibraltar Port, resulting in four crew members being injured.
Croatia becomes newest member of IMO’s Hong Kong ConventionCroatia has became the latest country to accept the Hong Kong Convention, the treaty of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) for safe and environmentally sound ship recycling.