World Dream guests allowed to leave ship after quarantine
Passengers and crew on the World Dream cruise ship have been allowed to disembark after being stuck for four days off the coast of Hong Kong.
The cruise line has confirmed that all tests by the Hong Kong authorities have come back negative for all 1,814 crew members. Also, all guests went through screenings successfully with no Coronavirus insight. This means the cruise ship is no longer in quarantine and yesterday afternoon guests were able to disembark in Hong Kong.
Chief port health officer Leng Yiu-Hong said all 1,800 crew members had tested negative for the coronavirus and that everyone would be allowed to disembark without the need to self-quarantine.
But on Sunday, Hong Kong’s health minister said 468 people had been ordered to stay home, in hotel rooms or government-run centres, one day after officials implemented a mandatory two-week quarantine period for anyone arriving from mainland China.
The deadly Coronavirus which first started spreading from Wuhan in the Chinese province of Hubei has currently infected more than 40,000 people around the world and killed 910.
Maritime Business World