1. NEWS

  2. SHIPBUILDING

  3. Ukraine accepts Procurement of 20 OCEA FPB 98 Patrol Vessels
Ukraine accepts Procurement of 20 OCEA FPB 98 Patrol Vessels

Ukraine accepts Procurement of 20 OCEA FPB 98 Patrol Vessels

This one seems to be the first step towards a large-scale project to strengthen the country’s maritime borders security.

A+A-

“A major agreement will soon be signed between the Governments of Ukraine and France, after which the Supreme Council of Ukraine will have to ratify it,” the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs commented.

"The maritime section of the Ukrainian border is by far the most vulnerable, we need more and more capabilities on water. Naval bases and 19 vessels remain in the occupied region of Crimea, and 80% of our existing ships are technically outdated and need constant updating," he added.

The contract value is € 136.5 million. The contruct includes partial financing from loans from both commercial banks and from the Treasury loan of the Ministry of Finance of France. The loan is provided by the state of France. Ukraine will 15% from the budget, while the remaining 85% will be provided by the loan.

Delivery of the vessels are suppossed to start within three years.

Maritime Business World 

 

Previous and Next News

COMMENT ADD

WARNING: Do not use words containing insults, swearing and words against personal and religional beliefs. Comments containing capital letters will not be approved.