- US NAVY NAMES NEW SHIP "CHEROKEE NATION"
- USS FITZGERALD RETURNS TO SEA AFTER REPAIRS
- THALES TO PROVIDE ROYAL NAVY WITH THE MOST ADVANCED MISSION SYSTEMS
- SINGAPORE NAVY COMMISSIONED THREE LITTORAL MISSION VESSELS
- RUSSIAN MINESWEEPERS HOLD DRILLS AT THE BLACK SEA
- CHINESE UNMANNED MINI-DESTROYER IN SEA TRIALS
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN CARRIER ARRIVED AT NAVAL AIR STATION
- FINLAND RECEIVED THE FIRST MODERNIZED HAMINA-CLASS MISSILE BOAT
- INDIA SUCCESSFULLY TEST-FIRES K-4 BALLISTIC MISSILE
- ZALIV SHIPYARD IN CRIMEA TO BUILD TWO VESSELS FOR THE RUSSIAN NAVY
- RUSSIAN NAVY TO HOLD DRILLS WITH JAPAN IN GULF OF ADEN
- CHINA’S FIRST TYPE 055 GUIDED-MISSILE DESTROYER COMMISSIONED
US Navy names new ship "Cherokee Nation"On Feb 12, Gulf Island Shipyard held a keel laying ceremony for the USNS Cherokee Nation. Cherokee Nation is the second ship of the Navy's Navajo class of Towing, Salvage, and Rescue vessels.
Thales to provide Royal Navy with the most advanced mission systemsThales has been selected to be the mission systems integrator for the Type 31 programme, delivering the combat system, communications systems, the navigation and bridge systems.
Russian minesweepers hold drills at the Black SeaThe Black Sea Fleet’s minesweepers Kovrovets and Ivan Golubets held drills in the Black Sea.
Abraham Lincoln Carrier arrived at Naval Air StationThe Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group arrived at Naval Air Station North Island, marking the end of a 10-month deployment to the U.S. 6th, 5th, and 7th Fleet areas of operation.
Finland received the first modernized Hamina-Class missile boatThe first modernised Hamina-class vessel has been delivered Finnish Navy (Merivoimat).
India successfully test-fires K-4 Ballistic MissileIndia has announced that they successfully test-fired a 3,500 kilometre range nuclear capable missile that can be launched from a submarine.
Zaliv Shipyard in Crimea to build two vessels for the Russian NavyThe Zaliv Shipyard in Crimea confirmed its technical readiness to build two universal amphibious assault ships for the Russian Navy, the Shipyard press office reported on 14th January.
China’s first Type 055 guided-missile destroyer commissionedThe Nanchang, China's first Type 055 guided missile destroyer, was commissioned in the People's Liberation Army Navy on Sunday morning in the port city of Qingdao.
The sixth Pak-China joint Naval exercise occurred in Karachi, PakistanThe PN-PLAN Bilateral Exercise, code-named Sea Guardians-2020, kicked off at the Pakistan Navy Dock Yard in Karachi, Pakistan.
The United States Second Fleet achieved full operational capabilityU.S. has announced plans to reestablish the Second Fleet amid heightened tensions between NATO and Russia. Seven months after reaching initial operational capability, U.S. Second Fleet achieved full operational capability.
Iran, China and Russia to come together for naval drillsIran, China and Russia will hold four-day joint naval maneuvers that will kick off on December 27, spokesman for the Iranian Armed Forces Abolfazl Shekarchi announced.
Russian Gremyashchiy Class Corvette entered the White Sea for state trialsThe Gremyashchy corvette of project 20385 built by Severnaya verf Shipyard in St. Petersburg arrived in the Belomorskaya naval base of the Northern fleet for acceptance trials.